After looking ahead to next week's weather, the decision has been made to postpone greens aeration until Tuesday September 9th and 10th. The forecast calls for highs in the mid to high 90's, which is too hot to complete the process. Aeration is inherently a stressful process and we need the greens to be ready to handle the stress. If they are under heat, or drought stress, they will be more prone to injury during the aeration process. We believe that pushing back the process one week, should allow the temperatures to come down into a more favorable range.
We will continue to monitor the weather and post any further changes, if any, to the schedule. Thank you